FREE & INEXPENSIVE RESOURCES FOR NONPROFITS
Nonprofit Westchester is pleased to provide a list of resources nonprofits might find helpful. Please note that we do not endorse any of these organizations, and you should complete your own due diligence before working with them.
Board Recruitment & Engagement
- LinkedIn Board Connect: $50 to list a board position and search for potential board members.
- The Wallace Foundation's "Resources for Financial Management": Guidelines and templates for nonprofit budgeting and financial management
- National Executive Service Corps NESC: Offers a broad array of consulting services for nonprofits
- #GivingTuesday: Campaign that encourages individuals and businesses to increase their donations to nonprofits and charities during the holiday season
- Westchester Community Foundation: Provides competitive grants in the arts, capacity development, community development, education, environment and health
- Westchester County Office of Economic Development: Offers business resources, financial assistance, as well as a wide range of related services and incentives
- Westchester-Putnam WIB Not-For-Profit Business Sector Partnership: Post your current job openings
- Pro Bono Partnership: Free business and transactional legal services to nonprofit organizations
- Summary of New York Nonprofit Revitalization Act: Prepared for NPW members by Dorf & Nelson
- Recommended Actions Regarding Nonprofit Compensation: Prepared for NPW members by Dorf & Nelson
Marketing and Communications
- Canva: Simple to use design tool including presentations, social media, graphics and more
- Clker: Online database of royalty free clip art
- Easelly: Allows you to create infographics by using pre-designed templates
- Formstack: Easily create online forms for contact information, donations, and event registration
- Foter: Online database of royalty free images
- FotoFlexer: Free web-based photo-editing tool that allows you to cut, copy, resize and embed text and logos onto photos
- Google Images: Largest selections of pictures
- Hubspot: Database of templates for infographics and royalty free pictures
- Jacob Burns Film Center: Offers "Reel Change for Nonprofits" for teams of 2 to learn how to make your own PSA or short film
- PicMonkey: Photo-editing tool that enables nonprofits to embed text on pgotos and to brand images using a simple process
- Present.me: Allows users to merge PowerPoint, slideshows, and videos to create more visually compelling presentations
- Wordle: Tool that allows you to create customized word clouds to add color and creativity to your campaign
- lynda.com: Free online software training for many professional programs provided by the Westchester Library System
- United Way-PACE University Wilson Center Not-For-Profit Management Center: Professional learning opportunities
- Westchester-Putnam WIB Not-For-Profit Business Sector Partnership: Funding for customized employee training
- Storify: Find, collect and share what people are saying all over the web.
- TweetCharts: Pulls up a wide variety of data about any word, phrase, URL, hashtag or user name that's being used on Twitter
- Twubs: Twitter Chat management tool that aggregates tweets, pictures and video into branded hashtag pages
- USTREAM: Easily create web-based internet TV stations
- Viddy: Smartphone app that allows users to easily record, edit and share videos
- Vine: Twitter's mobile app that can be used to create and share six second videos on Twitter
- What The Trend: An online database of what is trending on Twitter with user-generated definitions of related hashtags
- The Community Corps: Find tech volunteers to help with your internal tech needs and accelerate your STEM programs.
- Volunteer New York!: Westchester based organization that aims to inspire, mobilize and equip individuals and groups to take positive action to address pressing challenges, support nonprofits, and strengthen the quality of life in our community.
- National Executive Service Corps NESC: Offers a broad array of consulting services for nonprofits via volunteers