Lifting Up Westchester’s 2018 Oasis of Hope Gala

  • April 12, 2018
  • 6:00 PM - 9:30 PM
  • Leewood Golf Club, 1 Leewood, Eastchester, NY 10709


For nearly four decades, Lifting Up Westchester has worked to permanently change the lives of our neighbors in crisis by finding them stable, long-term, housing and providing the support they need to rebuild their lives. We serve approximately 4,500 Westchester residents each year through four key program areas: emergency food & shelter, housing stabilization, vocational training & employment, and next generation educational opportunities. Lifting Up Westchester aims to restore hope to Westchester County’s men, women and children in need by providing them with food, shelter and support– and lifting them to greater self-sufficiency with dignity and respect.

Join us on April 12th as we celebrate Lifting Up’s successes of the past year, honor some truly outstanding community members who have made a significant impact on our clients and mission, and look toward the future of helping more hungry and homeless neighbors in need in the year to come. It is sure to be a fantastic event filled with live music, dinner, live & silent auctions, raffles, and more!

Tickets, sponsorships and journal ads are available for purchase by visiting: https://liftingupwestchester.org/2018-oasis-of-hope-gala/

Our 2018 Honorees:

Bill Doty, LUW College Scholarship Founder

Lynn RichmondExecutive Vice President, Montefiore Health Systems

More About Lifting Up Westchester:

For nearly four decades, Lifting Up Westchester has worked to permanently change the lives of our neighbors in crisis by finding them stable, long-term, housing and providing the support they need to rebuild their lives.  We serve approximately 4,500 Westchester residents each year through four key program areas:

Emergency Food & Shelter:  We operate a 19 bed women's shelter and 38 bed men's shelter in downtown White Plains, as well as drop-in shelters for both men and women with capacity for 30 adults.  On weekdays, our soup kitchen serves 50 to 60 individuals a mid-day meal, as well as packed meals to take-away.

Housing Stabilization:  We identify safe, stable and affordable housing options for those living in shelter and on the streets and help these clients transition into independent living where possible.  For those community members with mental health or other challenges, we provide ongoing financial assistance and a support system to help them maintain their housing.  We currently have over 200 individuals living in our supportive housing units - 90% of them have been stably housed for more than 5 years. 

Vocational Training & Employment:  Our Neighbor’s Program trains low-income individuals to become certified home health aides who we then employ in our social enterprise, Neighbor's Home Health Care, a licensed home health agency.  Through Neighbors, we currently employ 175 aides who provide low cost, high quality care to low-income seniors who wish to remain in their homes.   Through our partnerships with other agencies, we provide additional vocational training, job readiness, and job search programs to assist clients in finding and maintaining employment.

Next Generation Educational Opportunities: We provide after-school, mentoring and summer camp programs for over 250 homeless children to ensure that they are the first in their families to go to college and the last to live in poverty.  We start working with students age 5 in our literacy program and offer programs throughout their school years ending with our mentoring and college prep program for high school students. 100% of our students graduated from high school last year (compared to 50% of homeless children nationally) with 89% enrolling college and the remaining 11% in vocational school.

To learn more about Lifting Up Westchester, please visit: www.liftingupwestchester.org



@ 2017 Nonprofit Association of Westchester, Inc. 

Powered by Wild Apricot Membership Software