A 12 Week Course in Partnership with WCC
Need to up your digital design game? This project based, hands-on design course begins with a brief introduction to design theory and best practices. From there, participants will transition to the “big three” of the industry standard graphic design software:
Not only will we teach how to use each of these platforms, you’ll also learn which tool is the right tool for the right job. You will learn to edit and enhance images in Photoshop, create digital content in Illustrator and how to layout and design utilizing InDesign for print or the web. There will be assignments each week to reinforce the skills covered in class.
- Adobe Photoshop (April 12th, April 19th, April 26th, May 3rd)
- Illustrator (May 10th, May 17th, May 24th)
- InDesign (May 31st, June 7th, June 14th, June 21st, June 28th)
But wait, there’s more!
You’ll also learn how Adobe Bridge can improve your workflows across the Adobe tool set and increase productivity. Participants will finish the program by applying skills learned and building applicable projects they may find valuable to their organization.
Jump start your creativity and enhance your job skills by registering today!
Instructor: Tara Framer, Chief Creative, Tara Framer Design
Tara Framer is an award-winning designer, writer and consultant specializing in logo design, branding systems, digital marketing, web design, printed collateral and promotions.
Tara founded Tara Framer Design in 2002, after working for over 20 years in design management at such companies as Chase Manhattan Bank, Scholastic, Inc. and The Reader’s Digest Association. Now, she works primarily for non-profits and green businesses nationwide as a creative resource, writer and presenter.
In addition to her work as a design professional, Tara has taught at various universities and colleges in the New York area.
- Registrants are encourage to attend all 12 sessions. There may be an opportunity for partial participation. If interested, please email Dyiamond Grant at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Cancellation Policy: We require at least 7 days cancellation notice prior to the event date for a full refund of the registration fee.
- While most of the costs associated with this course are covered by a grant from SUNY with an additional subsidy from NPW, a small fee covers the required 10% match.
In partnership with