Virtual LinkedIn Training for Nonprofit Leaders
This workshop focuses on teaching nonprofit leaders to use LinkedIn to increase stakeholder engagement and communicate with potential funders, board members, and other stakeholders. Successful fundraising and board recruitment are all about building relationships because people give their time, talent, and treasure to organizations they know, like, and trust. LinkedIn allows nonprofits to leverage the connections of staff, volunteers, board members and leaders to become organizations potential donors and board members know, like, trust, and support.
During the session, Dr. Barnes demonstrates how LinkedIn can be used to:
• Anticipate potential new sources of funding from current or potential funders
• Research, Engage, and Cultivate relationships with past, current, and potential grant makers
• Strengthen relationships with current funders to maintain or increase levels of support
• Research potential grant makers, donors, and board members to speak to their priorities
• Connect with aspirational peer organizations to learn best practices
This online, four-hour, small group (no more than 16 people) workshop (two 2-hour sessions) via ZOOM focuses on both the application and strategy of using LinkedIn. The first session focuses on
1) how LinkedIn differs from other social media platforms,
2) its functions and internal metrics,
3) the components of a complete profile,
4) creating a consistent, persistent, forward looking, message; and
5) the first two Rules of the Road for Success on LinkedIn.
The second session focuses on teaching nonprofit leaders to use LinkedIn to:
1) proactively, strategically, and effectively expand their network;
2) generate momentum, visibility, and a stakeholder feedback loop for the organization;
3) engage aspirant peers, potential board members, grant makers, and donors;
4) get the most out of the time spent on LinkedIn, and
5) the final two Rules of the Road for Success on LinkedIn.
Biography: Elisse Wright Barnes, JD, PhD, Your LinkedN Driving Instructor, is a LinkedIn trainer and workforce educator teaching job seekers, career transitioners, nonprofit leaders, and entrepreneurs to harness the power of LinkedIn. Dr. Barnes partners with the Montgomery County (MD) Public Libraries to provide LinkedIn training to 45+ aged patrons and the Nonprofit Village of Montgomery County to teach its resident organizations to use LinkedIn for effective donor research and management as well as board member recruitment. A 2018 Senior Leadership Montgomery graduate, Dr. Barnes earned a BA in English from Yale College, a JD from Stanford University Law School, and a PhD in the history of U.S. foreign policy from the Ohio State University.